You’re a Nomad and an Entrepreneur,
but taxes still make you lose sleep.
That's what I'm here for! To help alleviate that stress.
Hi, I’m Heather.
I’m a numbers person—but don’t let that scare you. I won’t be tossing any jargon your way, so if the phrase “capital gains” makes you go, “huh?”. Don’t worry. You’re in a safe space.
Just like you, I built my own business from the ground up, so I know firsthand how tough it can be. And with 8 years of experience working with nomadic solopreneurs, entrepreneurs, and small business owners just like you, I know exactly what keeps you awake at night:
- Overwhelm and anxiety every time you even think about your taxes—especially because you’re worried you’ll make an expensive mistake
- Confusion about important designators like LLC and S corp, and concern that making the wrong choice will come back to bite you
- Sending urgent questions to your sticks-and-bricks tax professional and getting nothing but crickets (followed by an invoice)
There’s nothing worse than feeling like a boss in your business … and at a total loss with your finances.
That’s where I come in.
Whether you’re already in charge of a super-successful business with dozens of employees, or just starting out with a roster of one (you), my mission is to help you keep your finances compliant, optimized, and stress-free.
Together, we’ll make the best financial decisions for your nomadic business so you can keep doing what you love for the long haul.
It's nice to meet you!
It's nice to meet you!
- I’ve been an Enrolled Agent (EA) since 2014 and a nomadic business owner since 2016. That’s when my husband and I moved ourselves and our two dogs into an RV and hit the road. Since then we’ve traveled all over North America, enjoying our favorite hobbies: walking up mountains, sampling local cuisine, and taste-testing microbrews.
- Because I’m a nomad myself, I know exactly how stressful life on the road can be. Like those moments when you’re pulled over on the side of the road for a work call and hoping your signal doesn’t drop. Or when you’re feeling great about life until you glance in your rearview mirror and see your bike rack and bikes dragging behind you down the interstate. True story …
- I wasn’t always the Tax Queen. In my pre-nomadic life, I owned a custom-order bakery. I remember all too well how hard it was to run the creative and financial sides of my business: figuring out how to correctly register the business (all those licenses), track expenses, pay vendors, and even pay myself! I made countless mistakes, and that’s when I found my true calling: helping other business owners do better. I became an enrolled agent, and the rest is history. (Though I still make a darn good cupcake.)E
How to Work With Me
No printer? No problem! I’ll add you to my client portal, where we can share electronic documents securely and seamlessly. You can even upload images from your phone using a mobile app.
Once I’ve got all the information I need, just sit back and relax! I’m known for my speed and responsiveness.
My Background is Extensive - Just Like My Travels
It’s important to hire a pro that you can rely on – especially when it comes to your business finances and taxes.
I’m a QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor, Enrolled Agent with the IRS, NTPI Fellow, and Gusto People Advisor. With my advanced certifications and extensive experience working with small businesses around the country, I can help you maximize your deductions, plan for tax time, streamline your business finances, and take advantage of the latest tax laws.
I’m also a firm believer in staying up to date with the latest technology and software. I’m extensively trained in QuickBooks Online and other accounting and tax software solutions, so I’m well-equipped to help you implement the latest systems and processes.
Whether you’re an individual or small business owner looking for professional guidance when filing taxes or managing finances, I’m here to help.
What I Do
Whether you want to manage everything yourself or outsource tax prep and bookkeeping, I’m your girl. Tax Queen has everything you need to run your nomadic business from the road—and to succeed like crazy while you’re at it.
No matter where you’re starting from, I’ve got you. We’ll start from scratch with just the basics or break down every complicated tax question you’ve got. We’ll set your business up for long-term success with clean, simple books and tax returns that make you go “ahhhh” and not “ARGH!”.
Tax time will be a breeze and you’ll make business decisions with confidence, knowing you’re informed by solid financial advice that takes your nomadic lifestyle into account.
Why work with the Tax Queen?
Because, digital nomad—I see you.
I’ve dedicated my nomadic business to helping other adventure-seekers like you run the tax side of their business without confusion, worry, or fear. I know exactly what it takes to run a business from the road, because I’m doing it, too!
I’ve got years of experience handling the toughest tax situations nomadic entrepreneurs could throw at me. As an enrolled agent, I can deal with the IRS on your behalf, stepping in whenever you need a helping hand. Wondering about the best path to growth and how to optimize tax decisions for yourself and your business? I’ve got you.
And if you ever do feel confused or overwhelmed, I’m just a phone call or an email away.
Nomad Business Academy
Nomad Business Academy offers mini-courses on everything you need to know to run a business, from which business entity is right for you to how to navigate self-employment taxes and so much more. Remove the struggles and grow your business!